About School

The St.George's Grammar School was established in 1834 the very first modern school in the history of the His Exalt Highness the Nizam's state by the then British Resident in the name of "The Hyderabad Residency School" for imparting education to the children of the European Army community and also to the erstwhile Jagirdars & Nawabs at the Residents bunglow Koti, Hyderabad. (presently known as Women's College, Koti). Later the school was moved to the present premises i.e. Chudderghat(as know previously). The school of the St.George's Church Parsonage Members and partly donated by the Europeans, the H.E.H.Nizam and his Ministers..

The school taught and prepared candidates for the overseas school certificate examinations conducted by the University of Cambridge Local examinations Syndicate, Cambridge, England through a board called Inter-State for Anglo Indian Education and the successful candidates were awarded with certificates from Cambridge School Certificate examinat ions.

In 1865 a separate selection for girl students was created as the Girls seminary. This is the very first girls school in the history of the H.E.H.Nizams domain.

The school changed its name as "The Chudderghat Protestant school" in the year 1867 and in the year 1891 the name was changed again as "St.George's Grammar School". St.George is an Archetypal Solidare -Early Christian

Martyr in 1061 A.D.

The school was affiliated to the Cambridge University, U.K., till 1956. The Inter-State Board for Anglo Indian Education renamed it as The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi, and adopted

separate syllabi for their affiliated Indian Schools.

In the year 1973, His excellency, The Resident to Christian Missionaries from Europe handed over the school to the Church of South India Trust Association, Diocese of Medak.

THE SCHOOL COMMITTEE:

AFFILIATION:

Affiliated to the council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) New Delhi.

RECOGNITION:

Recognised by the Govt.of.Andhra Pradesh vide DPI proceedings RC.NO.62/5-D-1/1964 dated 19-01-1965

COURSES OFFERED:

Courses offered ICSE (10th) & ISC (12th) Final Examination taken at the end of 10th & 12th Classes respectively by the CISCE ,New Delhi.